Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weight Loss #12


I've spent a lot of time on the treadmill

I haven't done much blogging lately about my weight loss, mainly because there hasn't been any actual weight loss, though I'm still just a committed to the process as the day I started.

I have continued to modify my eating habits and more importantly have continued to commit myself to a fitness regime.  I just read back over my old blogs about working out and realise just how far I have come.  When I started on January I could barely walk for 30 mins on the treadmill - yesterday I ran for 30 mins at 5 mph!  I'm up to 60 sit ups on the incline bench, as well as 30 L sits on the captain's chair.

yest I actually do this!

My body is definitely firming up!  People have even started complimenting me on the changes that they can see (which always feels good). 

I know have to let go of my obsession with the scales, but it's really hard to do!  I know that my body is converting fat (which I have a whole lot of) into muscle (which I need a lot more of).  I know that muscle weighs more than fat.  I know I've been lifting weights, so I should be gaining muscle.  I know, I know and I know!  But I want the scale to move down too ... I know - just wait!  I know my clothes are fitting way better now and that that is a far better indication of the change in my body.

I'm two weeks away from running my 5K race and I'm confident that I'll be able to run the whole thing in hopefully a sub 30 minute time frame. 

I've also committed to competing in a triathlon in June!  That's a big deal for a woman who could barely walk in January!

So all and all, I'm golfing, running, working out, playing hockey and training for a triathlon.  I'm living the life I enjoy (though with a few more aches and pains).  I just have to believe that at some point the scales will pay attention too.

No comments:

Post a Comment