Tuesday, March 12, 2013

But What About Hockey?

I thought this was a blog about hockey?


Start weight:  208.5
Weight on Day 9:  196
Loss so far: 12.5 lbs

This blog initially was entitled Madwoman of Hockey.  At the time, oooh about 4 years ago, I thought the hockey was the game.  I could envision myself playing it for years ...

Unfortunately, the effects of age had their inevitable effect.  I simply had started too late.  

It didn't help that I (and John) never found a league that was right for us.  When it came time to sign up again in the Russell Hockey League that we played in for the previous season, the game time had been changed to past 10 pm.  It was simply too late for us.  We decided to pass on playing.

Honestly I haven't missed it that much.  I do miss the socializing, but I don't miss being the slowest person on the ice. 

I'm so happy that I played hockey.  Yet I'm content to let it go.  Unless you the innate skills learned in your youth; it's a young person's game.

So it's on to a focus on golf.  Plus, who knows what else is out there?  

The journey itself is fascinating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment