Friday, March 11, 2011

Weight Loss #10

Weight to Lose:                 30 lbs

Weight Lost to Date:         17 lbs

Weight Still to Lose:          13 lbs

Well nobody can say I'm doing some crazy diet that makes me lose weight too quickly!  One pound over 3 weeks certainly isn't taking me where I want to be at light speed, yet I knew when I started this whole process that it wasn't just about losing the weight - it was about changing lifestyle.

I'm quite proud of myself with regards to working out.  This week John couldn't join me at the gym and instead of ditching it too, I continued to work out, mainly because I realized that I enjoy it now.  Don't get me wrong, some days are easier than others and some days are downright brutal.  I still find when I'm doing my cardio that when I'm about 10 minutes in to my 30 minute run or bike, that I feel I can't do and I start trying to come up with excuses to quit.  So far I've never quit, plus I have no intentions of doing so, but yesterday I started looking for excuses at the 22 second mark!  Yup after 22 seconds of jogging, I wanted to quit!  I managed to just suck it up and push myself through it, but I did not enjoy any aspect of the jog.

I know some of my weight loss has been slowed down, because I've probably gained a bit of muscle.  Just got to keep at it.

I will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment