Friday, October 1, 2010

Go Ahead ... Google Me!

I'm having a blast blogging.

You can google me now.  Go ahead, type "madwoman of hockey" into Google, and the first thing that comes up is me! 

Norton (virus software) even gives me a green check mark to say that I'm safe (it's like the new millennium's version of your blood work coming back OK).

I've been asked to blog on She Skates Hard http://www.sheskateshard.com/home.php  which is an awesome website geared towards female hockey players.  It's a bit intimidating blogging on there, because there's some really good players that are online there.  You know the kind, the kind that started skating before they could walk.  They play on competitive teams or at the varsity level.  Yet what I've come to understand about hockey, is that it really is a community spirit.  The encouragement has been awesome.

I never thought I wouldn't be working per say, at the age of 47 (25 days till I turn 48, John, if you're reading this and I know you will, that's 25 more days to buy me a present). 

When I John and I decided to join our lives, one of us had to move, since he was in Scarborough and I was in Oakville.  My job at the time, was teaching in Erin, which was 45 mins north of Oakville.  Now John had two young teens at home and I, well I had just me.  So it made the most sense (certainly if I wanted to have any kind of relationship with the two aforementioned teens), that I move to Scarborough.  For a year, I commuted between Scarborough and Erin, it was hell.  Thus I left my job in Erin and tried to find a teaching job with the Toronto board, but to no avail.  So I didn't actually retire per say, but, it sounds better that way.

The past two years have been busy.  Helping two kids with school, cooking, wine tasting, writing a book, day trading, travelling, taking care of elderly parents, golfing, training a dog and playing hockey, lots of hockey.

Now I get write about hockey.

Life is good.

Now you can google me too.  Go ahead, try it.  I'll be right here.




No comments:

Post a Comment