Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weight Loss #1

Weight to Lose:  30lbs

Weight Lost to Date:  0lbs

I'm at a personal Waterloo - I need to lose weight, it's something that simply can't be put off any longer.  I have so many excuses, but it really doesn't matter in the end, because the end result is I'm way too heavy to live the life that I want.

I'm starting at square one because I've been off hockey and exercise because of my broken butt/back - of course this all happened during the Christmas season, when goodies galore abound and they we went off for a week at an all inclusive resort .....  I'm now the heaviest I've ever been ... sigh.

I know I won't achieve my goal through any silly diet.  I know I've got to eat healthily and get more exercise.  It's simple really. 

So it begins. 

Yesterday I worked out - 15 mins of stretching for my butt/back then 30 mins walking on the treadmill - it felt like I run a marathon, but at least it was a beginning!  Tonight I play hockey.

I plan to use this blog like a diary to document my exercise - to make me accountable. 

I will do this!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with it Mary! I just hit 40 and am determined to drop some pounds, mostly so my hockey game can improve! LOL

    But seriously, as we age, those damned lbs seem to stick more. I will join you in on your journey! If you need a "buddy" let me know! :)

    Stacie (from SSH!)

    ReplyDelete